MTN8: Sundowns through to the MTN8 Semis

MTN8: Sundowns through to the MTN8 Semis

Mamelodi Sundowns beat SuperSport United 3-1 in the MTN8 quarter-finals to reach the semi-finals of the tournament.
cvoSuperSport United were the first to knock as Dean Furman’s shot in the 6th minute was saved by Downs keeper Denis Onyango.

SuperSport should have scored in the 14th after Reneiloe Letsholonyane pass to Jeremy Brockie only for his shot to be saved by the evergreen Onyango to force a corner.

Sundowns scored through a Wayne Arendse and went ahead in the 17th minute through a corner kick after a scramble in the box in which Supersport failed to clear the ball.

Khama Billiat played a looping pass through to Castro who’s shot got blocked by Morgan Gould.

Morgan Gould had a great game.

SuperSport United should have capitalized in the 22nd minute when Brockie got fouled outside the 18 yards box .

Jeremy Brockie, took a free kick only for his shot to be ruled for a corner after a block.

In the 24th minute, Percy Tau came in for the injured Leonardo Castro and made his presence felt as he blistered with pace with his first touch.

Jeremy Brockie should have equalized for SuperSport as he shot inside the box only for the Onyango to deny him.

Tiyani Mabunda and Hlopho Kekana played neat passes and kept possession.

Ka Bo Yellow should have doubled their lead in the 34th minute when Khama received a cross for new recruit Sifiso Vilakazi and played a merry go round and rolled it for Dolly only to shoot wide.

The match went into a water break in the 39th minute Stuart Baxter introduced Kingston Nkatha in the 41st minute and the striker made no time and scored the equalizer in 44th Nkatha after a cross from Jeremy Brockie with a soft header on a three vs one counter attack.

SuperSport should have gone in front before half time  but Nkatha missed an opportunity to put the club ahead

The game went into the break locked at 1 -1

In the second half, Mamelodi Sundowns started off where they left off and interchange passes between Keegan Dolly and Percy Tau and Tau’s shot blocked for a corner.

Percy Tau beat Clayton for pace and went into the box only for Clayton to guide the shot midfielder.

Sifiso Vilakazi went in the box, beat three players and passed Khama Billiat who rolled out a neat pass for Hlompho Kekana who’s shot gets blocked.

Downs put pressure on SuperSport and should have scored in the 68th-minute free kick after Daniels pulled Khama for the referee to award a foul.

Pitso Mosimane made a substitute and brought in Lucky Mohomi for Mabunda 70th minutes

SuperSport United should have capitalized after Kingston Nkatha beats Siyanda Zwane for pace and rolled it for Brockie who shot wide.

Percy Tau received a pass, blasted forward with pace and dished a great passed Sifiso Vilakazi to score only for Matsatsantsa goalkeeper Rowen Williams to pull a brilliant save to deny the new recruit his first goal with Downs.

Mamelodi Sundowns went in front after the debutant Vilakazi deflected a thundering shot from Hlopho Kekana.

Downs started to dominate the game and scored in the 78th minute through Khama.

He received a fine pass from Percy Tau who beat Onismor Bhasera.

Lucky Mohomi received a yellow card for fouling Dean Furman, Matsatsantsa only got a free kick only but the effort was wasted.

SuperSport made another change and brought in Thabo Mnyamane in the 84th minute.

Mamelodi Sundowns dominated and kept possession and made it hard for SuperSport to play.

The match ended with Sundowns proceeding to the semis of the Wafa-Wafa Cup.