PSL : Stars announce new players, assistant coach and technical sponsor
There have been several exciting and significant developments at Free State Stars of late, with the club confirming the signing of eight players, a new assistant coach, and a change of technical sponsor.
The Ea Lla Koto management team have been working hard and have cast their net far and wide to ensure that a highly competitive playing squad is at the disposal of head coach Denis Lavagne for the 2016-17 campaign.
Included in the list are two players with plenty of PSL experience in David Booysen and Thokozane Sekotlong. There have also been several arrivals from the National First Division, while two of the eight signings come from local teams, including Tholang Lwana, a Stars development product.
The club has also drafted in a Congo national team goalkeeper and a Kenyan international defender. Tthe full list of arrivals is as follows:
• Sinethemba Jantjie – midfielder (Mbombela United)
• David Booysen – defender (Maritzburg United)
• Thokozane Sekotlong – attacking midfielder (Cape Town All Stars)
• Charles Kampi – midfielder (Manchester United, Polokwane LFA League)
• Tebogo Potsane – midfielder (Mangaung United)
• Tholang Lwana – midfielder (Free State Stars Development Academy)
• Christopher Henri Mafoumbi – Congo goalkeeper (FC Vereya Stara Zagora, Bulgaria)
• Joseph Stanley Okumu – Kenya international defender (Chemilil Sugar FC, Kenya)
The new assistant coach will be Phillip Noel Ciccarini, who like head coach Lavagne, hails from France.
The club can also confirm that they have signed a deal with Joma to be their technical sponsor for the upcoming season.
Ea Lla Koto start their league campaign when they take on Chippa United at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on Tuesday, 23 August, 19H30 kick off.