LaLiga : Neymar contract released by Football Leaks
Barcelona forward earns just £77,000 a week and has £153m buyout clause
Football Leaks have managed to get hold of yet another world superstar’s contract with the 24-year-old being the next victim of their series of revelations.
The former Santos man surprisingly earns just £77,000 a week despite being one of Barcelona’s main men along with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
Suarez is said to be on north of £200,000 a week while strike partner Messi is said to take home over £250,000 after tax.
Neymar is able to earn a considerable amount more than his basic wage of £77,000-a-week thanks to the following bonuses inserted into his contract.
1. If Neymar plays 60% of matches (at least 45 minutes to complete a match) Barcelona is obliged to pay him 1,062,500 euros (£850,867).
2. Each time Barcelona qualifies for the Champions League, the Brazilian earns 637,500 euros (£510,563). The contract clarifies that this must be through finishing in a high enough position in La Liga, not via the play-offs.
3. Every time the Catalans qualify from the group stage, Neymar will receive 425,000 euros (£340,375).
4. Neymar has set a series of bonuses for each title Barcelona win. La Liga represents a premium of 637,500 euros (£510,563); the Champions League: 850,000 euros (£680,751) and the Copa del Rey: 850.000 euros ((£680,751).
5. If Neymar wins the Ballon d’Or he will be awarded 425,000 euros (£340,375).
6. Neymar’s buyout is confirmed at 190 million euros (£153m).
Neymar signed a five-year contract when he left Brazil to join Barcelona in a £49million deal.
He has scored an impressive 81 goals in 133 appearances since putting pen to paper on the long-term deal.
The attacker, who has been linked with moves to Manchester United and City in recent months, joins the likes of David de Gea, Anthony Martial and Sergio Aguero in having his contract exposed.