PSL : Free State Stars sale hangs in the balance

PSL : Free State Stars sale hangs in the balance

PSL chairman Dr Irvin Khoza addressing the Free State Stars and Moroka Swallows matter

13775818_997744663666537_3906291389062267617_n

The PSL Chairman addressed the media this afternoon in regards to Free State Stars and Mr Panyaza Lesufi’s consortium

Khoza says in their exco meeting there was an agreement that there would be no media comment while the sale was being considered.

Also Read : Free State Stars Football confirms the failed offer

Despite the agreement, comments were made in the media including on radio Metro.

Ongoing media commentary puts the sale on risk.

As it stands, there’s no sale agreement.

If by the end of the week, there’s nothing on the table then there will be nothing to consider and there will be no sale.

Who are these people that are running the trust.

We don’t know them, at this point we only know MEC Lesufi.Khoza says they have all the information of the selling club (Free State Stars) but not that of (Moroka Swallows).

Khoza: If it’s Swallows coming back then it would be a nice to have because their 70 year celebrations next year.

“As we speak we don’t know who these people in the trust are. We only know Mr Lesufi.”

“It’s is difficult to compete in the league because of the increase in salary demand and the expenses to organise a match.”

“As it stands there is no deal between Swallows and Free State Stars, we are still awaiting a report from them. For what it is worth the comments that have been made about Swallows buying Free State Stars are incorrect……No transaction has been placed before the League.”

“If the intention of the trust is to buy the club and seek a name change- that is a matter to be dealt with when the time comes…As it stands, no application has been made. We are disappointed because they let the cat out of the bag prematurely”

“I spoke to Mr Lesufi and he apologized. I hope they will conclude it this week. Because we can’t wait too long. Our position as the League, right now, is that we await a full report from the parties. If by the end of the week, we do not have clarity then there will be nothing for us to consider”

“If we don’t have clarity by the end of the week- there will be no transaction, change of club or anything like that. I want to appeal to MEC Lesufi that together with whoever he’s involved with in the consortium to finalize this asap. We hope that Ntate Lesufi is listening together with the people of the trust he’s involved in”